Easy Hand Print Animal Craft
Published November 2nd, 2020 • ~2 minutes to read
I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! Whether it was at home, watching a movie, carving pumpkins, dressing up, or eating candy, Halloween 2020 is definitely one for the books.
It’s crazy that November is already here! To start off the new month, I have a craft that is both fun and educational. Red Panda Books was created to encourage parents to read aloud to their children, adventure together, and to save & spread awareness about endangered animals.
Red Pandas are an endangered species that we are committed to helping save. That's why 10% of our profits go to the Red Panda Network!
Today’s craft is the endangered animals hand craft! You will be creating different endangered species by painting your hands and then making art by placing it onto a piece of paper or plate (like the picture above).
- Paper plates or pieces of paper
- Paints or markers that are washable (I used finger paint)
- Paintbrushes, pens, or pencils
- Paper towels or newspapers to place under the plate to keep the area from getting too messy
You can create these masterpieces in just 5 easy steps:
- Pick an endangered animal (click here for a list)
- Choose the colors for your animal
- EITHER outline your hand on the paper and color it OR paint the palm of your hand and place it onto the paper
- Let paint dry
- Hang up for everyone to see and admire!
- Google the animal your child chose to color/paint and read them the facts about it
If your child chose to paint a red panda, we have a list of fun facts here. Check it out! And for more examples of how to create this hand-printed craft check out this site. Enjoy creating these fun pieces of educational art!
Here's to learning more about our world and its wildlife!
Red Panda Books sells personalized children’s adventure books that encourage parents to read with their children and experience adventures together! A portion of the books’ proceeds will be donated to support the Red Panda Network and other organizations that protect endangered species and their habitats.